Suppliers of wood burning & multi-fuel stoves
The fireplace is the heart of the home and what better way to warm that heart than with a stove. Call or email us today to find your dream fireplace or stove. We offer a wide variety of both modern and traditional looking fireplaces, stoves and woodburners, so please feel free to get in touch.
Wide Range of Quality Fireplaces
Wood and Multi-Fuel Stoves
If you’re looking for a traditional stove or a more modern freestanding stove, whether it be wood burning or multi fuel, Viner Fires can guide you through the decisions you’ll need to make. With over twenty years’ experience in the industry, we can complete every section of the work, leaving you with a fireplace that not only catches the eye but makes your house a home.
how efficient are woodburners?
Why does my chimney need to be lined?
- The purpose of a chimney is to remove the products of combustion from the appliance to the outside, without causing harm to the occupants or risk of setting the house on fire.
- Operating a stove at a low temperature for long periods, or cold air leaking into the flue, will cool the flue gases down and affect the performance of the chimney. A stainless steel liner improves chimney draft by promoting hotter gases in turn a good draft improves fuel efficiency through more complete combustion.
- Before flue liners were ever manufactured flues were usually parged on the inside with mortar. This parging over a period would have deteriorated from the corrosive properties within the flue gases, resulting in deterioration and leakage. This can usually be noticed by a sandy-powder like material falling down inside the chimney. That sandy material would be the plaster that has deteriorated over a period of time; also the mortar between the bricks will have deteriorated in the same way.
- Chimneys are often constructed on the outside of the house and are exposed to the elements. This combined with the fact that there might be no insulation around the flue liners, all adds up to a cold flue.
- Please remember that stoves are efficient heating appliances and will produce anything up to 85% of heat from the fuel burnt into the room, unlike an open fire that can lose up to 95%. With little heat loss from an efficient stove, it is clear how essential to retain a reasonable flue gas temperature in order to achieve a consistent draw.
- A properly lined and well insulated flue will produce a safe and efficient appliance. Unlined chimney flues can result in very costly rebuilding of the chimney and/or your home.
We are fully HETAS qualified and trained to install and repair any chimneys, in order to allow us to fit our excellent range of flues and chimney linings.