Viner fires logo 1
Viner fires logo 1

 Fireplaces, stoves, flues and chimneys. 

Theres nothing finer than a Viner fire

What is Hetas and why should I use a registered installer?

Hetas is the official body recognised by the Government to approve biomass and solid fuel domestic heating appliances, fuels and services including the registration of competent installers and servicing businesses.

Customers using a HETAS Registered Installer will be given a HETAS certificate of compliance on the completion of installation work.

This is of great help in demonstrating that the job was carried out by a competent individual, working for  a HETAS registered business. The information on the form is used to record your installation and in England and Wales it is used to notify your local Authority Building Control Department of the work that was undertaken.

This self certification by competent registered installers takes the place of a Local Authority Building Notice which could cost you a significant amount of money (sometimes up to £300). The HETAS installer is charged a small fee by HETAS for this service but much less than the charges incurred if you seek a Building Notice via the Local Authority.

The information will be available to Solicitors and inspectors in any home selling process. Failure to notify the local Authority (slight variations in process exist between England and Wales and Scotland), can be an offence resulting in action being taken against Householders or the installer.

In England & Wales Regulation 16A of the Building Regulations 2000 was amended in 2004 and places a duty on HETAS Registered Installers to give the property owner a certificate stating that the work carried out by the installer complies with Regulations 4 and 7 of the Building Regulations.

The HETAS Ltd Certificate of Compliance has been revised to accommodate this amended requirement and has been endorsed by the Department for Communities & Local Government (DCLG).

The HETAS Ltd Certificate should only be completed to show compliance with the Building Regulations if the work undertaken is associated with the installation of a "controlled service" i.e. installation of a solid fuel appliance or fireplace.